Saturday, November 7, 2009

FLASHBACK OF MEMORIES


My eyes are weak,
My hands are trembling,
I have got a big glasses,
Through which I saw many phases.


When i was young,
I fell in love,
We got married,
Soon our love gave birth to a baby.


Baby brought up so fast,
He became so young,
So early,
As it's a day back thing.


We were good friends,
We used to play together,
I still remember,
When he shyly told me about his 1st crush.


Soon his studies got over,
And meanwhile our friendship too,
And I was the lonely father,
Who only provided him a title.


He soon got a job,
With a handsome earning,
So he left our home,
As he wanted to lead an independent living.


And like me,
He found his soulmate,
I arranged his marriage,
Gifted him a new flat.


He was settled now,
And I was relaxed,
But not truly,
Maybe as he was too busy.


I always wanted to meet him,
Not everyday, But as per his holidays.
Sometimes he came with family,
Sometimes alone,
And then seldom,
His visits were shortened.


Then he didn't,
Came on weekends too,
As he has some friends,
Those to be meted too.


I was getting old and older,
didn't even spent an evening with grandchildren.


And one day My wife left,
For the gods Holy Place,
And I was left alone,
With her loving memories.


He paid a visit,
For a day,
And I don't remember if he hugged me,
Wept my tears and asked to join him.


Soon my money was over,
My medicines and Dr fees took all over,
I was weak and old,
And I wanted his support.


One day he came with whole family on my birthday,
I had been so happy in years.
But too my surprise in birthday gift,
He gave me a list of Old age homes.


He reminded about my old age,
About my poor health and isolation,
He told me that he is leaving for a new job with family,
So there will no one to look you after.


I simply declined,
Thats the only thing I could had done.
As here in my home I feel cosy,
With memories of my lover.


He didn't asked,
If I wanted to join them,
They moved and left,
And alone I wept.


And here I am now,
Looking at my glasses,
Those which saw decades,
Decades and phases of life.

3 comments:

  1. This poem show the different phases of a tragic life of a man who spends all his life doing everything for his only son, without expecting anything in return. But as time passes he gets old, he observes the transformation of personalty of his beloved son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true1...u hav given wrds 2 an orddinary mans lyf in a vry beautiful manner bhai!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. अद्भुत, सम्पूर्ण और सन्तुलित.
    अपनी उमर से ज्यदा पकी सोच
    बागवान की भी याद ताज़ा कर दी

    ReplyDelete